The ‘Tamang Heritage Trail’ is an exciting new trekking route located between Langtang and the Ganesh Himal. A culturally rich region steeped in Tibetan tradition, the local Tamang people are some of the warmest and most welcoming people in Nepal. Within easy access of Kathmandu, we ascend the road north towards the Tibetan borderlands and enjoy a relatively gentle circuit trek through picturesque villages, terraced fields, and peaceful valleys where only the most discerning trekkers go. Enroute, we enjoy panoramic mountain views of the nearby peaks and soak in the natural hot springs at Tatopani. Continuing north towards Tibet we soak up the heritage and appreciate a local fort, monastery and exquisite local architecture of the Tamang homes. As we near the end of the trek we enjoy a homestay experience in Briddim and have a full day to relax and discover more about the local traditions of this wonderful region.
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 2: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing.
Day 3: Drive by local Bus /Jeep Kathmandu to Syabrubesi, 7 to 8 hrs, 1467m.
Day 4: Trek to Gatlang 2240 m, 5 hrs.
Day 5: Trek to Tatopani 2610 m, 6 hrs.
Day 6: Trek to Thuman 2345 m via Nagthali hill 3170m 6/7 hrs.
Day 7: Trek to Timure & Tibetan border 4 hrs.
Day 8: Trek to Briddim Vilalge 2239m, 5 hrs.
Day 9: Exploration Day.
Day 10: Trek to Syabrubesi 4 hrs.
Day 11: Drive back to Kathmandu by Jeep/Local Bus.
Day 12: Final Departure.
Cost Includes and Excludes
- Welcome at Airport.
- Airport pickups and drops via cab/taxi.
- Accommodation in bnb hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Sightseeing and Trek Preparation in Kathmandu.
- All land transportations.
- City tours with a guide.
- Entrance fees and all permit fees (ACAP, TIMS).
- Accommodation in Tea houses during trek.
- All meals (3 times) during trek.
- Domestic flight tickets.
- Experienced Guide and Porter
- Mountain Amantes Trek Day Pack.
- All government taxes and fees.
- First Aid Medical Kit.
Additional Services on demand. (to be returned after trek)
- Down jacket
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking bag
- Trekking poles
- Airfares for International Flights
- Visa Fees for Nepal Entry
- Travel Insurance
- Lunch and Dinner during Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Extra night accommodations and foods.
- Drinking water, tea and coffee, hot water, hot shower, deserts, soft and hard drinks during trek.
- Personal expenses. (Telephone, Internet, Laundry, etc.)
- And any other cost not mentioned in include section.